Size: 40,000 sq. ft. (Office Space) + 3,500 sq. ft. (Retail Branch)
Client: Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Architect/Designer: Leclerc Architects
Electrical Engineer: Papko & Associates
Mechanical Engineer: Papko & Associates
Construction Type: New Construction
Contract Type: Construction Management
Located in the newly-constructed Nova Centre Development in the centre of Halifax, the BMO Nova Centre was the largest banking centre project completed to date by BMO on the East Coast. It was also one of the first banking centre projects to include all banking services in one facility, including both retail and corporate operations.
This primarily corporate facility included 40,000 square feet of space for the BMO Regional Offices, spread over two floors of the Nova Centre Tower. It also comprised a state-of-the-art, 3,500 square foot retail branch serving downtown Halifax. All work was completed from a raw state, with no ceilings and minimal HVAC or electrical systems in place.
- Open concept work areas and private offices for staff and executives.
- 26 conference rooms, ranging from 4-person to 18-person conference rooms and a media room with stadium seating. All conference rooms were equipped with interactive AV equipment, including video conferencing and interactive Smart Boards.
- 2 connection cafes — lunch rooms with commercial fridges, dishwashers, microwave bays, projection screens, and open work areas.
- Focus pods for 2-3 individuals placed throughout the two floors.
- Casual meeting areas and quiet seating areas.
- A wellness room and a quiet room to improve employee well-being.
- Large washrooms with full amenities.
- File rooms with high-density filing systems.
- Fax/copy areas.
- 3 LAN rooms, including network connectivity within the branch.
- Controlled access system with card readers.
- Custom finishes throughout for a high-end office design.